Map by Ben and Liam

Saturday, April 2, 2011

We're Home

We had a minor set back in Salem, Oregon this morning when I discovered our back tire was completely flat. Luckily, I had shoved our Mexican bicycle pump under one of the seats when we were leaving for home, and was able to pump up the car tire and get to a Firestone just a few miles away. The boys were overjoyed, as they got an extra swim in at the hotel, and I got a Starbuck's coffee out of the deal while waiting for the tire to be fixed! I counted it as a very lucky day.

We encountered our first rain in 6 weeks this morning, and ran into our first traffic jam of 2000 miles as we approached Seattle.

Bob had a bottle of wine breathing as we pulled in and a few different cheeses to munch on (Oh! I love him so!) as well as small gifts on the boys pillows. We are so happy to be home.



7 comments:

  1. You had a good and adventurous trip. I am proud of you. Now, I hope your folks are coming home soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They leave on a red-eye tonight and are looking forward to Geva on Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome home! What a great trip.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We really enjoyed your trip, Sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sarah, Ben And Liam,
    Thanks for sharring your wonderfull vacation with us and we enjoyed having you at our house.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is this the end of your blog?

    ReplyDelete