Map by Ben and Liam

Thursday, March 24, 2011

San Ignacio

We're back in beautiful San Ignacio, the jump off point for the grey whales in Ignacio Bay. Mom and Dad seem to be more interested in making time to the border than seeing the whales, so I think our plan is to push on tomorrow.

We had an eventful day in the small town of Mulege. Mom has developed a toothache, and over a long lunch, she and I went to the health center, had a visit with the doctor, Mom recieved some IV pain medication(?), and we got an RX for some antibiotics. She's thankfully feeling much better. The cost of the doctor's visit was a little more than $8. It took us probably less than 15 minutes.

Other good news; the check engine light has turned off again. Maybe Juanito was right, and it was just bad gas.

As we drive home I notice all the signs that point down dirt roads to unexplored cave paintings, and I dream about the time in my future, when Bob and I can come back to Baja with a 4 wheel drive car, and teen-agers.

3 comments:

  1. Great sea lion shots on the previous post. Must have been a great photographer to get it in motion jumping out of the water. Five foot swells sounds painful. Ben and Liam, did you get sea sick? I would have been green.

    What is the ETA into San Diego? Allow a few hours at the border. Any special requests for food?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I expect we'll be coming in on Sunday. I hear you all are doing a walk so maybe we'll see you when you get back? We can call when we hit the border.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alert: my sister will not be at home next week. Sorry about that. She was called for grandchild help in Chico.

    We just took a 'road trip' down to have buckwheat pancakes and maple syrup. Maple syrup started running and now has stopped, we had another big snow and cold spell.

    ReplyDelete